This morning on Facebook I created quite a stir with my friends when I made the following comment:
I think the new labor bills are a little extreme in Wisconsin, but I support them in principle. I have always had to pay my share for insurance and retirement. That is the reality today. Governments have to make cuts. Everyone has to make sacrifices and reducing your benefits to be like everyone in the private sector does not make my heart bleed for you.
What do you think? Are the Labor Unions right to fight this law? Should the government require cuts to pensions, increased employee health care participation, and limit collective bargaining rights? Please give your thoughts in the comments.
- Wisconsin shows how not to do it (timesunion.com)
- Wisconsin Labor Leaders: Not About Wages or Benefits, It’s All About the Unions (redstate.com)
- Wisconsin May Destroy State Labor Unions… Today! (news.change.org)
- Labor Unions Cheer on Wis. Protesters (blogs.wsj.com)
Latest posts by Eric (see all)
- Should I Pay Off My Low Interest Mortgage Loan? - May 13, 2013
- Never Buy Checks From the Bank - May 10, 2013
- Four Reasons to Shred Those Credit Card Convenience Checks! - May 8, 2013